Hello Toronto, it’s time to cover up!
The City of Toronto opens up an important alert that the city is having an extreme weather condition and it is being emphasized to cover up until the weather becomes stable.
A report says, “Extreme Cold Weather Alerts are issued when the temperature is forecast to reach -15 degrees Celsius or colder, or when the wind chill is forecast to reach -20 or colder.”
The snowfall, as it has been forecasted, will be of 5 to 10 cm from morning to afternoon until it gradually slows down in late night.
The temperature, as it is predicted, may reach to the freezing point. Because of such a high alert, the City of Toronto ask the general public to take the following precautionary measures:
· Keep a check of weather condition before leaving your home.
· Dress properly and completely with the outermost piece of cloth windproof.
· Cover your head with hat or scarf, woolen mittens, gloves, and high boots.
· Stay dry, not wet as it can lead to lowering of your body temperature.
· Wear woolen/synthetic fibers clothes. Cotton clothes cannot keep you warm once they get wet.
· If you spend much time outside, try seeking shelter. The wind chills can freeze the exposed body surface in minutes.
· Stop drinking alcohol instead use warm water.
· During outdoor winter activities, always take a break to heat yourself up in some heated building.
· When the temperature is already chilling outside and when it is windy, lessen your outdoor activities.
· If you have infants and old people at home, heat your home up to 21ºC.
· Remember your family, friends, and neighbors and check if they are having any trouble.
For your life’s sake, when you go outside, wear warm clothes, completely cover yourself, and never leave any of your body part bare.
Subscribe our page MKTLIST to receive weekly blog newsletter.
Recently Added PropertiesView All
Be the first to Comment