The change in seasons, is right around the corner, which means, that the weather is finally nice enough, for everyone to spend more time outside, to enjoy the wonderful weather.
After graduation, one of the first things you, former students out there, would want to do, is to get a job. Of course renting your very own apartment is the next step because, having your own place to stay, is a major step into adulthood.
Even if you’re not a fresh graduate and are moving into another apartment; most concerns are basically the same. How you can conserve space and how you can design your apartment, cost effectively, is the aim.
With this in mind, and the change in seasons recently, even an outdoor smaller space like a balcony can be adapted and furnished according to your taste.
Because, whether you’re in the city or the countryside, once the nice weather arrives you’ll want to show off your best balcony, terrace or patio- you are lucky to have a special place to make your own decoration. As no matter what size your patio is, you can always decorate it with your imagination.
Most apartments have balconies that, a lot of people don’t pay that much attention to, in terms of designing them at all. What you should consider is that, designing your balconies, doesn’t have to be spending much more, than you already have.
It won’t even take that much effort, to make your balcony look good. While looking at pictures online for reference, you might feel at a loss, thinking that you won’t be able to replicate the design; well, don’t give up just yet.
You’ll be surprised to discover that, there are plenty of hacks, when it comes to interior and exterior decoration of your home. Here are some clever tips to help you enjoy your outdoor space and beautify your apartment balcony:-
- Set up a living area, arrange some plants and create original lighting.
- Start with the bare wall? Leaving it bare and boring- You’d rather not. Interesting art pieces can be placed against the wall.
- Add something antique or old. As a lot of antique furniture pieces give the feel of authenticity to the place where you display them.
- Draw up a plan and evaluate your space: an outdoor kitchen, water access, sun ray direction, enough room to move around comfortably- all important.
- Greenery and a wooden trunk can change the entire decor.
- Do It Yourself and hang a lounge chair with some rope, doweling and cloth.
- Hanging camouflage across your balcony adds extra green and increases privacy for a temporary way to decorate your outdoor space!
- Want a cozy look to your balcony? Add couches, a small coffee table and a wooden themed wall. Picking colors not too flashy but cool in the eyes, will make it easier to look at and easier to blend together.
- Can’t bring a dining table there? Opt for an alternative, a small coffee table, and a chair or two, so that you can sip a coffee and read your favorite book outdoors.
- Elevate your balcony to a resort-worthy retreat with a comfy bench, piled high with cushions and pillows, and — the genius — a hammock.
- A small set of folding table and chairs- or a bench, can be bought and set up on your balcony.
- A small outdoor L-shaped sofa, can be a great addition to your balcony. Side tables and a rug will further enhance the feeling of being in an outdoor room, and a small shelf is a great way to create space for more plans without sacrificing floor space.
- If you luckily have a wide range patio or roof terrace, you can establish a comfortable corner sofa. The soft padding and sunny atmosphere, will ensure pure relaxation.
- A rooftop terrace? do not forget to obtain protection against the sun by placing canopy, gazebo or just an umbrella. Plants or large hanging plants in pots will bring a further freshness and a great mood and color.
- Choosing a wrought iron table, painted in a color you like that suits the style of your dinky balcony will ensure the beachy feel you want to achieve.
- An all natural wooden theme will always look amazing. Add this up with hanging plants as well as wooden chairs and beach rocks- you can cook up a great ambiance in your balcony.
- Always think about making reusable decorations. Buy or create decors that you can easily bring with you. Think about decors that can last for a long period of time- saves you time and effort of making another one and also saves you money.
- Want a comfy sitting area- with a twist on your balcony? Add pillow cushions with straps to a tension rod; post them between your apartment and balcony rails for a makeshift outdoor couch.
- Create mood lighting by placing candles in masonic jars or build a mini fire pit by securing a can of chafing fuel in a flower pot.
- Be it Japanese theme inspired balcony design featuring river rocks, a swing and bamboo wall decor along beautiful bonsai, simple and inexpensive and breathtaking decor can be realized in a matter of hours, with little to no casts.
- Balconies and terraces are often not as sturdy as solid ground, the weight of your furniture must be taken into account therefore. Remember to place the heaviest items near the home’s facade. Weather-resistant furniture so that you don’t have to bring it indoors every time it rains is always sensible.
- Balconies can also have folding furniture- all wood or other, contain a French-twist with a garden, or upholstered furniture and awnings.
- Don't have the space? Create a little seating on your balcony with either some crates with cushions piled on top, or a small bistro set... and for bamboo plantings.
- The plants will have to be relatively small, but by placing them on all sides, will create the feeling of being in a garden. Pots of herbs like mint, lavender or thyme will tune up your mood.
- Add a cushion to your little bitty balcony and make it a place to curl up and relax outside or you can also opt for furniture that has storage option. A bookshelf, a rack can be adjustable.
- There’s no need of powerful lighting but it requires a bright practical and functional solution- LED lights. Eco-friendly, small and saves your bill. Candles- also a great way to bring a bright, warm touch to your balcony.
- Incorporate your favorite fabrics in rugs, to the underside of your upstair neighbor’s balcony, and throw pillows around for a cozy bohemian look.
- You can turn your outdoor space into an open-air office and no matter how grimy the railing and concrete may be, you aways can cover it up with blinds, wicker fencing, floor slabs and stones. Or try easy-to-install interlocking deck tiles on the floor.
- By laying down an AstroTurf the balcony becomes a backyard. Also for a cheaper flower bed/pot option, you can re-purpose a pallet or tin cans.
- Cinder blocks and a few wood slabs, have multiple uses and are all you need, for a durable bench, an outdoor shelf, or a flowerbed.
- Colorful textiles on white stark Ikea furniture nestled in greenery has a mesmerizing result. A peaceful reading nook with river rocks on the floor is aso an option.
- A superb composition between the rattan texture, the brick wall and the wooden floor or a small cooking area and sink for that feeling that you get when you cook outdoors.
- Industrial color schemes, sustained by textures and furnishings, combine beautifully together. Or that dark stained wood, which can give your balcony a noble status, emphasized through elegance and the visual comfort of stability, bringing it a down to an earthy feeling.
- Sculptural items can also be sheltered in you reading nook beautifully. How about sleeping as close as possible to a window, which is a dream for many? Huge outdoor rattan armchairs can aso bring in a romantic setting. Or get your dinning on the balcony and enjoy the sunny mornings.
- Have nosey neighbors? Hang some drapes, or roll out a privacy canvas.
- Your balcony is the perfect place for you book lovers to kick back and dive into the world of imagination. Decorate therefore your balcony with tiny bookshelves and paint it in light colors so that the natural daylight can easily enter and illuminate the place.
- Using your balcony as your wash room? Decorating it. Customize your sink to blend in the wooden themed environment. You can even transfer your bathtub on your balcony to get the outside view while taking a long bath. Just add hanging lights and plants for a better atmosphere and of course curtains.
- Kitchen balcony? Shouldn’t look drab- add a little accent of the pacific by adding shell themed mini chandeliers or even mini lamps to increase the accent.
- You can work with bigger sized chandeliers and simply adjust the rest below. Keep your furniture low and small to give way to bigger pieces in the space.
- You can combine modern style with old Victorian-esque feel with just the right furniture. Play with paint and wood, add appropriate steel decorations and you are done.
- You can make a mini waterfall pong with the help of wood and bamboo furniture- giving the apartment an entirely diverse appearance.
- Replace patio with lounge furniture.
- Try experimenting with spray paint that you can apply on the balcony walls.
- Always choose double purpose furniture, the more use the furniture has the more space you save.
Because we know that a lavish roof garden- or even a backyard- isn't a reality for a lot of apartment dwellers, we've compiled this list of inspirations for small as well as large outdoor spaces.
So check out these great ideas for balcony and terrace, and be creative with the furniture and decoration. It is very important that you have a relaxing outdoors. Use these fabulous decorating ideas and decorate your terrace or balcony.
Most areas’ balconies are not used for their design purpose; rather than being opened to fresh air they`re closed with windows in most cases and worst, a big part of them are being used as storage or as an unnatural extension of the apartment or home. This article stands here to change all that.
Have some more ideas to share? Leave a comment below. Liked our blog? share it with your friends and don't forget to Subscribe now!