The causes behind house fires in Canada are quite evident and so are the ways to prevent them. But you need to know them in order to avoid.
So, check out our list of 10 common ways of preventing house fires in Canada:
One of the most common type of house fire is from cooking equipment. Overheating of pans and pots could lead to fire in no time. So be very careful while cooking. Some people have the habit of using cell phones and leaving kitchen when food is on the stove. This is one reason of house fire. Avoid keeping dish towels and paper towels near stove because these items easily catch fire.
Get your heating equipment checked by a qualified technician. Try to clean your chimney and furnaces annually to avoid the risk of fire. Moreover, you need to be very careful when using portable heaters, keep it away from curtains and clothes. Don’t dare to use it for drying shoes and clothes. And never forget to install a carbon monoxide alarm to alert you for hazardous gases.
People often forget to snuff their cigarettes in drowsiness from drinking. And even a single cigarette could be the cause of great fire. Always use deep ashtrays and never put it near combustible items. Try not to smoke in your bedroom because you are more likely to be at your ease and could forget extinguishing your cigarette.
Be very vigilant while using electrical equipment like toaster, microwave, iron, water heaters etc.
We light candles and often forget to blow them off before leaving. Avoid keeping them near combustible items. These days, fire candles are also common in birthday parties. Avoid doing snow sprays near them as they could lead to fire too.
Children are always curious and take fire as fun. But it shouldn’t be the case. Let them know how dangerous it is. You need to keep an eye on their play. Check out their toys and make sure there isn’t sulphur smell in their rooms.
Some old houses and apartments have poor wiring which cause and electrical hazard. Below are some alerts which if happening then you need to take things seriously.
Some liquids and materials are flammable and if not handled properly can ignite or explode. Clear precautions are given on some flammable solvents, paints, adhesives, cleaning agents; thinners etc. First thing, store them in a cool place. High temperature can these to ignite or explode in just seconds.
Christmas Trees and Decorations
Don’t put lights with frayed plugs and cords on Christmas trees. Avoid placing candles near them. Keep the decorated trees away from all types of heat sources such as fireplaces, radiators etc.
As part of upkeep, check out all pipelines for leaks by soap water and see if there are bubbles formed from the gas. Use grills away from your house. Make the cleaning of barbecues and gas pipelines a part of your regular cleaning process in order to avoid risks of house fire.
For more exciting stories, keep visiting: www.mktlist.ca – Canada’s leading platform for buying, selling or renting your property.
Recently Added PropertiesView All